Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ceramic Project

The medium of this project is white clay. The size is about 8.6 inches wide and 2.3 inches tall. The design element stressed duing this project was form. The technique that I used was "hump" meaning that I layed my piece of white clay over the plaster I used. My piece could serve as a purpose for holding some kind of candy, but my family has not used it yet. I created a desgin for my project by using a flower as my inspiration.  I just folded my template in 4 sections and then cut a hump. That is how I got my design. I learned how to use a slabroller in this project and also how to smooth things out on the sides and such. I also know the different stages of clay when it is drying. They are plastic, leatherhard, bonedry, bisqueware, and glazeware. I learned how to use a kiln and the importance of it drying and getting glazed all the way. If i had to redo the project I would keep everthing the same but I would ad color.

No comments:

Post a Comment