Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pastel Still Life Project

To decide what my composition was going to be I had to make many thumbnail sketches. A thumbnail skectch is a drawing the size of your thumb that an artist uses to decide how they're going to put their artwork together. A veiwfinder is something that helps you find how an artist is going to look at their painting and help find an area to paint. It helped me decide on my composition because I was able to find the best way I could look at the prop(s) and draw the m&m's to make them look really good. I made the items look three dimensional by adding shadows and highlights to each things. I created a light source by making one side of the background lighter then the other, indicating that that was where the light source was coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment